Just the other day, my roommate and I were talking about how
expensive college textbooks are. Last year, she introduced me to a couple of
websites that sell or rent textbooks at a cheaper price than the school
bookstore. In fact, I rented my textbook for my winter class from one of those
websites and it only cost me $12 (instead of $200 that I would have paid if I
had purchased it from the bookstore). As we were talking the other night, I
mentioned to her that I had wished that someone had told me about these kinds
of websites back in freshman year when I was paying the bookstore close to
$1,000 just for textbooks. This gave me the idea to create kind of a
“Guide/Cheat sheet” on how to get the most out of your college career.
I have an
older sister who gave me a few tips going into college, but there was so much
more that I wish I had known back in freshman and sophomore year that I know
now. Things like, take full advantage of the campus gym in your early years
because once you get into your junior and senior year, you most likely will not
have any free time to use it. And that moving into an apartment will probably
be the best decision you ever make. I wish I had been told these things before
coming to college so I want to take my experiences, along with experiences from
other students and put them together into a helpful guide for incoming students.
I also typed up everything that could possibly be put on my resume.
(610) 470-5626
devindrennen.wix.com/portfolio
Education:
2011-2015
Millersville University of Pennsylvania
Millersville, Pennsylvania
BA in Art with focus of Graphic Design
Minor in Business
GPA: 3.73/4
2007-2011
Oxford Area High School
Oxford, Pennsylvania
GPA: 4.2
Related Courses:
• Typography 1
• Digital Theory and Skills
• Visual Communications and Graphic Design 1
• Visual Communications and Graphic Design 2
• Intro to Sequence and Motion Design
• Experience Design
• Intro to Experience and Interaction Design
• Advanced Design 2
• Interaction Design
Software Skills:
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe AfterEffects
• Adobe Photoshop
• HTML & CSS knowledge
Achievements/Awards:
·
Deans List
o Fall
2012/Spring 2013/Fall 2013/Winter 2014/Spring 2014/Fall 2014/Winter 2015
·
High School Honor Roll
o August
2007-May 2011
·
Girl Scout Silver Award – 2008
·
Piece picked for Oxford Arts Alliance 2014
Calendar – 2013
Extracurricular Activities:
·
Girl Scouts – 1999 - 2007
·
Volleyball – 2005 – 2010
·
Marching Band – 2007 – 2009
·
National Honor Society – 2009 – 2011
·
Student Business Association – 2014 – present
Work Experience:
·
Intern at Weber Advertising – January 2015 -
present
·
Oxford Feed & Lumber, Oxford, PA – 2008 –
present
o Customer
Service/Cashier
·
I am responsible for making sure customers find
what they need and are satisfied with their experience.
References:
Available Upon Request


No comments:
Post a Comment